Whatsapp Chat

Follow These Steps To Pursue Higher Studies In Australia From Qatar

11 Jan 2023 Author : Scholab

Would you like to migrate abroad for higher studies? Well, we recommend Australia as the best option! 

Australia is undoubtedly one of the choicest study destinations amongst international students who want to do higher studies outside their country of origin. Surrounded by the ocean and with crucial respect shown towards wildlife and greenery, Australia is one of the best and most desirable places to live in. The country welcomes plenty of international students every year and openly embraces people from different cultures and communities.

7 out of 43 universities are there in the best 100 universities in the world ranking. Educational institutions in Australia have built a great reputation for having quality education and ensuring student safety and satisfaction.

Universities provide great support to those students who want to do part-time jobs and research. As a matter of fact, international students can work for up to 20 hours per week during the course duration in Australian educational institutions.

International students prefer to Study in Australia because the country permits students to work in the country after completing their respective courses, depending on certain conditions.

Do you want to migrate to Australia from Qatar? Read on to get the required information about migrating to Australia.


  • To get admission into diploma-level courses, students will require a minimum of 60% marks in their 12th-grade examinations.
  • For UG-level admission, students should score a minimum of 65% in 12th grade.
  • For PG-level admission, most Australian Universities accept the ‘3-year graduation system’ for entry. However, for certain universities, a qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor (Honours) Degree is required.

Documents Required 

Some of the important documents that must be submitted to get admission include:

  • 10th-grade mark list
  • 12th-grade mark list
  • UG degree mark sheet and other documents

Requirements To Migrate To Australia

Students should make sure that they have aced all the following requirements before moving to Australia:

  • English Language Proficiency test: IELTS or TOEFL or PTE
  • GMAT is required for those students who want to do MBA in Australia.
  • GRE is also accepted for MA, MS, and MBA programs.
  • 10th and 12th mark sheets
  • Statement of Purpose or SOP (as requested by the university)
  • Resume
  • Proof of Sufficient Funds (to ensure a smooth stay at the university)

How To Get Application Forms

The university or college application must be sent at least 12-15 months before the date of admission. Students are expected to get the application process done before applying for a visa. Students can get an application form through any of the following ways:

Via email: Students can request an application form through email. Get the mail ID from the college or university's website.

University website: Students can find downloadable and ready-to-print versions of university application forms on their respective websites. These forms can be downloaded and used as regular forms.

University Representatives: Students can find authorised university representatives in Qatar. They can provide the required forms and other details.

Student Visa

Students who are looking for a student visa to do further studies in Australia can follow these crucial steps:

Get a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) Students are expected to enrol in an Australian institution and pay the tuition fees. After which they will get the COE. Those students who are applying for several programs should get a COE for each program.

Australian immigration account After getting the COE, Students must set up an account with the Australian immigration authorities. Crucial details like name, phone number, and email address must be submitted. Check out this link to get more details.

Documents Apart from the COE, make sure that students have the following documents to get a student visa:

  • An OSHC health insurance
  • Passport
  • Proof of temporary stay When it comes to the 'proof of temporary stay', students will have to certify that he or she only plans to stay temporarily in the country.

Other documents students should bring with them are:

  • ID documents like birth certificate
  • Proof of finances like a bank statement
  • Certified grade reports
  • IELTS-test result or other English Language Test results
  • Proof of previous employment like employment contract or paychecks
  • Documentation of criminal offences (if any)

Check out this website to get more details regarding this.

Students should remember that all documents should be translated into English by a certified translator if it is in Arabic or any other language.

Online Visa Application

Students should ensure that they apply for a student visa subclass 500 and that too at least 130 days before the course starts. Check this link for visa application.

Pay a visa application fee which must be around 575 AUD currently. After completing these processes, students will get a receipt with a TRN number (Transaction Reference Number).

Students are expected to do a health check-up and/or a visa interview. Details for this will be given after the visa application is completed. This TRN can be used to check the status of your visa.

Planning On Migrating To Australia For Higher Studies?

If you want to migrate to Australia for higher studies but don't know where to start, don't worry, Scholab is here for you!

Scholab has established itself as one of the best providers of Overseas Educational Consultancy. We have successfully placed thousands of students around the world in different universities across Australia. Our team will provide crucial information linked to the university admission and visa application process.

If you have doubts or queries, then call us at +91 7902525250 or email us at info@scholabedu.com. Follow our blog and stayed for more interesting articles about overseas education.