Whatsapp Chat

Follow These Steps To Gain A Work Visa In Canada From Middle-East Countries

15 Dec 2022 Author : Scholab

Canada is the perfect to live and work due to the friendly people, high standard of living, safe environment, and benefits like free education for children and accessible healthcare. The country has been open to immigrants who are regarded as assets that help develop different sectors of the economy. The Middle East has a long-standing relationship with Canada. Canada depends on oil from Middle Eastern countries. People have been migrating to Canada since the late 1800s. 

Even today, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, Canadian doors are open to people from the Middle East. Immigrants from the Middle East were able to create social networks, integrate into the Canadian labour market, and be part of society.

If you are an Indian living in the Middle East, read this article to get an idea about getting a work visa in Canada and migrating there.

How To Get A Canadian Work Visa?

If you are an international student doing your higher education in Canada, then you can work in Canada on or off-campus for up to 20 hours per week with a work permit. You are expected to meet the following conditions to work:

  • You must have a study permit.
  • You must be a full-time student.
  • You’re enrolled at a designated learning institution. Eligibility conditions can change depending on the province.
  • You are studying in an academic, vocational, or professional training program.
  • The duration of your program is expected to be at least six months and leads to a degree, diploma, or certificate.
  • You must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).

When it comes to co-op programs or internships, as part of an academic, professional, or vocational training program at a designated learning institution, you must have both a work permit and a study permit.

Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP)

Your study permit will expire three months after graduation. To stay and work in the country, you should get a work permit under the PGWPP. With the PG work experience, you can eventually apply for permanent residence through Express Entry and get it.

The eligibility requirements for PGWPP are as follows:

  • You are expected to be 18 years or more to get PGWPP.
  • You must have a valid study permit to work while studying in the country.
  • You must have finished your course and passed your study program in the country.
  • You must have a written confirmation or a transcript, that proves you’re eligible for a degree, diploma, or certificate.
  • You must have graduated from either a public or private post-secondary institution.

If you want to apply for a work permit, then check out this link.

What You Need To Know About SIN

Social Insurance Number or SIN is a nine-digit number you will need to get benefits and services from the Canadian government programs while working in the country. To get this, international students can contact Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to get more details related to legibility and the application process.

International students need to provide their original study permit which mentions that they have the right to "accept employment” or “may work” in Canada.

If your study permit mentions otherwise, contact the IRCC to get details linked to what can be done to get SIN.

How To Migrate From The Middle East To Canada For A Job?

If you are looking for a job in Canada, then you can migrate as a skilled worker. Skilled workers have a lot of demand across different sectors in Canada to support labour market shortages.

Factors that are used to evaluate skilled workers in Canada are as follows:

  • Age
  • Work experience
  • Level of education or qualification
  • Language proficiency (English or French)

Immigrants submit their applications through Express Entry System.

Before making a profile on the Express Entry System, check your eligibility for any of the below programs:

If you have never lived in Canada before then Foreign Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is the best option.

Once you ace the FSWP program then create a profile on Express Entry System. Then you should complete a recognized language proficiency test in English or French like IELTS. Also, get your Foreign Educational credentials assessed properly. The Canadian government invites the highest-ranking candidates in the Express Entry pool to apply for permanent residency every two weeks.

PNP - Another Option For People From the Middle East

Provincial Nominee Program or PNP is another option for people from the Middle East can try to migrate to Canada. To strengthen their economies, every Canadian province and territory operates the PNP to welcome skilled workers from around the world including India and the Middle East.

You can apply to a specific PNP stream directly. Or you are expected to get an invitation to apply for a provincial nomination through your Express Entry System.

Check out this link to get more details about PNP and the application process.

Want To Migrate To Canada For Higher Studies?

Do you dream of getting an education from a reputed university or college in Canada? Don't know where to start or who to contact to get the process done?

Scholab is here for you!

Scholab is a well-reputed provider of overseas education consultancy. We have successfully placed thousands of Indian students in various universities around the world.

Our team keeps themselves well-informed and updated regarding the latest trends. We are there to hold your hands throughout crucial processes like university applications and visa applications. 

If you seek our services, then call us at +91 7902525250 or email us at info@scholabedu.com