A Comprehensive Guide To Get Spouse Visa For Candidates In Cyprus To Canada
Take your loved one to Canada!
Canada is one of the most popular destinations to do higher studies, research, and work. International students prefer to settle in the country due to the high standards of living, friendly environment, and a range of benefits like free education and healthcare. The Canadian government continues to leave its doors open to people from around the world including India and European nations like Cyprus. Canada and Cyprus have a strong bilateral relationship post-2005.
The government of Canada allows eligible residents above the age of 18 to sponsor dependent spouses or children to live with them in the country. You can bring your spouse to Canada through Canada Dependent Visa.
If you are an Indian student living in Canada, who has a spouse in Cyprus, this article can give you crucial information regarding a spouse visa.
Who Can Be Sponsored With Canada Dependent Visa?
- Spouse or conjugal partner
- Children under the age of 21
- Dependent parents
- Dependent grandparents
- A child adopted outside Canada while holding Canadian citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Niece or nephew
- Uncle or aunt
Canada Dependent Visa - Eligibility
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or above to get this visa
- The applicant must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Applicant should not be taking government aid, except in the case of a disability
- Applicant must be in the low-income threshold
- Applicant must be legally married to the spouse
- Applicant should have a genuine relationship with other dependants
Canada Dependent Visa - Documents Required
Spouses of the Canadian citizen or permanent residents must submit the following documents:
- Relationship Proof- applicants must provide proof of their relationship with a sponsor.
- Documents of Translation- applicants are required to submit certified translations if the documents are neither in English nor in French.
- Need of Police certificates- applicants are supposed to submit police documentation from their country, whether it is India or Cyprus.
- Medical Exam- applicants are expected to receive the instructions about submitting medical examinations as it is requested.
- Passport - passport and related documents like photocopies are expected.
- Photographs- applicants need to provide 2 photographs with an accompanying family member while applying for this visa.
- Submit as per the Country- check your country's requirements and submit the required documents accordingly. Contact the embassy in Cyprus for the same.
If you intend to sponsor your spouse, then you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age and above.
- The applicant must be living in Canada. If outside, then he or she is expected to return along with their spouse or partner to become a permanent resident.
- The applicant must be willing to meet all the financial needs of the spouse or partner for the next three years.
- Applicant must be a citizen, permanent resident, or should have a work visa.
- The applicant is expected to have a real relationship as opposed to forming it to gain permanent residency.
- The relationship with the spouse must be at least a year old.
Eligibility conditions to bring children:
- The child must be under 22 years
- The child should be unmarried or shouldn't have a conjugal partner
- The child must be the biological child or the adopted child of the applicant
- The child must prove that he or she is dependent on financial needs
- The sponsor must submit proof of his or her relationship
- The child must undergo a medical examination, it must be done by a physician approved by the Canadian government
- Children should submit proof that they have no criminal cases
Other Information You Must Know
The processing time of the spousal visa is estimated to be nearly 12 months. The time for the child visa is expected to take as long as 9 months after the submission of the application. Time usually takes for the applicant to submit their biometrics and the assessment of the sponsor will take about 25 days.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) can delay the visa application process depending on the application itself or due to the circumstances like a pandemic.
Processing time for the Canadian spousal visa also depends on the person's country of origin. If someone is sponsoring the spouse or common-law partner living in countries like Cyprus or India, the application may take about 12 months to process.
Spouses applying for the visa need not ace the IELTS exams. However, an IELTS score can be useful if your spouse is applying for Canadian permanent residency. A good IELTS score can include valuable immigration points for English proficiency.
Fees for Family-Sponsored Visa (Spouse or Children)
To sponsor the spouse or partner, the processing fees can be as big as CAD 1,050 or INR 64,184.05.
If you want to sponsor your spouse or partner without permanent residency, then the fee is CAD 550 or INR 33,615.69.
When it comes to dependent children then the application fees will be CAD 150 or INR 9,167.64.
Planning To Migrate To Canada For Higher Education?
Canada has a few of the world's best universities and colleges that provide world-class education. Getting a degree or diploma from a Canadian educational institution is a huge asset because they are valued around the world.
If you are planning to migrate to the country but don't know where to start, then fret not! Scholab is here to assist you!
Scholab has successfully built a great reputation as a provider of overseas education consultancy. Our team has placed thousands of Indian students from around the world in prestigious universities in countries like Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and the UK.
We are here to assist you in all the important processes like visa applications and university applications. Our team will also assist you in the spouse or child visa application process.
If you have any doubts or queries, then call us at +91 7902525250 or you may email us at email@example.com.
Check out the Scholab website and follow our blog to get more interesting tidbits. Stay tuned!